Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Water Resources Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re are seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our team in our San Diego, California office to help lead our existing practice. The selected candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide technical direction on a variety of water resources projects and have a proven track record for successful client and project management.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Senior Water Resources Engineer position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and direct water resources projects including watershed planning, drainage improvements, Best Management Practices (BMPs), stormwater retrofits, green infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, and stream rehabilitation/restoration;
- Manage preparation of construction level specifications, plans, and schedules;
- Manage and direct hydrology/hydraulic/water quality modeling for small and large watersheds;
- Stormwater permitting and regulatory compliance;
- Prepare technical documents, proposals, and presentations, including technical writing; and
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients while working in concert with other senior professionals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Senior Water Resources Engineer position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, boater certification, defensive driving certification, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental or civil engineering, natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline from an accredited college or university. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- 10 years of directly related engineering experience in a consulting environment. (required)
- California Professional Engineering (P.E.) registration or the ability to obtain P.E. registration in California within two years of employment. (required)
- Demonstrated track record of successful project and client management. (required)
- Practical and/or applied research experience related to watershed assessment, stormwater management, watershed and master planning, drainage design, NPDES permitting, BMP/LID project implementation and/or surface water quality retrofits to meet TMDL requirements, BMP/LID monitoring and performance and erosion & sedimentation controls. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
- Relocation provided.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02049