Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Assistant Store Manager
- Job ID
- N01110-120 NAVAL STATION BUILD
- SAN DIEGO
- Postal Code
As the Assistant Store Manager you are responsible to collaborate with the Store Manager in delivering excellent operations management. The ability and willingness to continually develop product knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising is essential. The position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates. The Assistant Manager should have the capability to understand the GNC brand, and help customers Live Well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Benefits (full-time position):
- Employee discount
- Medical, dental, vision and insurance benefits
- Competitive rate of pay
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Short-term disability benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Strong team building, leadership, and managerial skills.
- Opening, closing and operating the retail facility. Including but not limited to cash handling, inventory count and deposits according to GNC procedures.
- Ensure full understanding of all store communications including product information, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Learn new product features, advantages and benefits.
- Assist in the development of associates’ product knowledge.
- Achieve and exceed the personal sales and productivity goals.
- Support the store manager in ordering merchandise and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales.
- Verify the delivery of all merchandise to the store.
- Work with store manager and partner with Loss Prevention to ensure adherence to GNCs policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service to individuals visiting the store including greeting customers, gaining customer confidence by making their experience comfortable and assessing their needs.
- Maintaining store appearance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. Holidays, weekends)
- Display a strong understanding and commitment of GNC’s Vision and Values
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Basic math skills
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge
- Passion to Live Well
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Disabled Individuals Employer