Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donation Center Attendant II/Lead Site Attendant
at Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Job Location
- 710 La Costa Avenue
- Starting Wage
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Accepts donations on behalf of Goodwill at our standalone or storefront donation centers. Provides excellent customer service to donors.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Opens and closes assigned donation center site, as scheduled, according to department guidelines set forth in the Standalone and Storefront Donation Center Attendant Training Manual.
- Accepts donations according to guidelines found in the Standalone and Storefront Donation Attendant Training Manual. This includes providing excellent customer service to donors by greeting, assisting with accepting donations, and accurately completing donation receipts. When necessary, politely refuses and refers donors to other locations and thanks each donor for every donation.
- Maintains the interior and the exterior of the site in a clean and organized manner. Sweeps perimeter of donation center site, stores donations neatly inside trailer, picks up debris and trash around trailer. If applicable, empties and maintains the cleanliness of the Unattended Donation Center (UDC) at the site.
- Accurately completes daily administrative tasks in a timely manner. To include daily counts of all donors (including donations from the UDC’s), sorting and submitting donation receipts on a scheduled basis and all daily tally sheets.
- Safeguards all donations and company property from damage and theft. Treats all donations and company property with respect and care.
- Communicates the following accurately and in a timely manner to the appropriate Supervisor or Coordinator; supply needs, unusual or out of the ordinary situations and any safety concerns.
- Safely and accurately loads donations into bins and organizes them inside of the donation trailers.
- Assists Truck Helpers and Truck Drivers in loading donations into Goodwill trucks, if needed.
- Communicates daily with Dispatch to inform them of current product volumes and any transportation/service needs.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
- Assist in handling customer service issues. Appropriately and effectively handles any out of the ordinary donor service situations and/or refers the donor to the correct management member. If referring to management, notifies the management member immediately of the situation.
- Assigns daily tasks to on-site attendants. Guides employees in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Accurately trains all Donation Attendants assigned to their location. Performs bag checks at assigned locations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: Six months to one year customer service related experience preferred. One year supervisory experience preferred.