Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donation Center Supervisor I
at Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Job Location
- 710 La Costa Avenue
- Starting Wage
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervisor for a specific assigned high volume standalone donation center or a storefront donation center.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Supervises the daily activities of assigned sites and personnel. Ensures the site is safely and securely opened and closed when present.
- Assists in scheduling daily assignments providing site coverage at all times.
- Performs work activities of subordinates when necessary.
- Assists with and oversees the training of new attendants at assigned site (s). Provides any necessary ongoing training such as conducting huddles and safety trainings.
- Communicates any policy/procedure violations and assists with handling disciplinary actions and Human Resources-related issues with the guidance of a Donation Center Coordinator or the Department Manager.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness and organization of the assigned site, and communicates any necessary supply needs and maintenance concerns to their Coordinator.
- Keeps the Transportation Department informed of any transportation needs or concerns at their assigned site.
- Submits, reviews and completes all assigned paperwork on a weekly basis. This includes payroll related forms such as time corrections and meal forms.
- Safeguards all donations and company property from damage and theft. Treats all donations and company property with respect and care.
- Complies with and ensures that all assigned staff comply with all guidelines set forth in the Standalone and Storefront Donation Center Training Manual.
- Addresses donor/customer concerns. If unable to resolve immediately refers the concern to their Coordinator or Department Manager. Documents and reports any concerns or issues in a prompt and timely manner.
- Performs bag checks for all staff when present.
- Storefront sites with product sales only – accurately perform cash transactions, balance the safe and completed banking responsibilities.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: Six months supervisory experience required or internal promotion candidate, one year supervisory experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Must have proficient entry level skills in Email, Word and Excel.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid CA Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company’s standards is preferred.