Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
e-Commerce Department Manager - Collectibles & Order Fulfillment
at Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Job Location
- 5232 Lovelock
- Starting Wage
- USD $22.00/Hr.
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for daily operations of the e-Commerce Collectibles & Order Fulfillment teams including achieving revenue and production goals, satisfactorily addressing employee relations issues, safety/loss prevention compliance, customer/donor satisfaction and all related administration. Responsible for the overall training, development, and retention of staff on these teams. Assists oversight of eBooks & Jewelry teams as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements:
- Ensures team revenue goals are achieved using strategic vision and critical thinking.
- Practices and oversees budget management. Reviews monthly profit and loss reports to assess profitability and makes suggestions to control costs and/or increase revenue.
- Monitors marketplace specific sales, metrics, and key performance indicators to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality merchandise. Makes suggestions for improvement, if needed.
- Collaborates with Department Head to adjust strategy based on staffing levels, product flow and other key performance indicators.
- Creates an environment where transformational leadership is applied. Motivates, engages, and develops staff to increase productivity and achieve departmental goals.
- Manages implementation of departmental and organizational initiatives and ensures their timely completion.
- Delegates priorities effectively and holds Supervisors accountable to timely completion of all assigned tasks/projects in order to achieve strategic goals and initiatives.
- Ensures Supervisors prepare and effectively communicate daily assignments and other information to their teams. Ensures team huddles, exercises, and trainings are performed as directed.
- Ensures that performance standards, behavior/conduct, time/attendance, and policies/procedures adherence is monitored. Provides support and direction to Supervisors according to company guidelines when expectations are not met.
- Ensures performance evaluations, 5-minute goal setting conversations, progressive discipline, and other department paperwork/documentation is prepared and delivered on time and according to company guidelines.
- Ensures employment relationship issues are resolved according to the organization’s best practices, culture, core values, and in accordance with employment relationship laws and regulations.
- Ensures customer, donor, vendor, and interdepartmental relationships are maintained at a high level. Resolves escalated complaints when difficult situations arise.
- Ensures the work environment is supplied, safe, clean, organized, and well-maintained.
- Able to perform work activities of subordinates at a high level of production and quality.
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods.
- Opens and closes location(s) according to department guidelines.
- Assists in the oversight of the eBooks and Jewelry daily operations as needed.
- Follows direction and completes other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: GED or High School education required; AA degree, Certification in related field, or combination of education and experience in related field equaling 2 year degree required; BA or BS preferred
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field upon hire or 3 to 5 years of GISD experience in level 5 or 6 position, or combination of past experience and GISD experience equaling 5 years
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a CA Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company requirements. Must also have an insured, reliable vehicle.