Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Enterprise Architect plays an important role in the organization by performing a variety of activities directly related to the organization’s Information Technology functions. The role is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and other various components. This role is required to interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT support systems. The Enterprise Architect is expected to ensure that the overall ICT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality. The primary role of the Enterprise Architect is to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Create architecture solutions, diagrams and documents to solve Information Technology and business challenges, equating to application and solutions architecture mastery.
- Recommend and participate in the design, development and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance; recommend the most suitable technical architecture and define the solution at a high level.
- Guide the design to obtain a system that fits in the customer and business context.
- Create and communicate the integral understanding of identified problems and their respective solutions.
- Research overall information and communications technology solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs.
- Conduct and/or actively participate in meetings related to designated project(s) with applicable stakeholders.
- Partner with and represent the business viewpoint/interests for all the enterprise architecture disciplines (infrastructure, application, security, data, business architecture) in standards/governance maturity discussions.
- Provide architecture thought leadership when selecting tools and setting standards; advise and recommend enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
- Assist in maturing enterprise architecture management practices.
- Execute on and move from tactical solutions management to think broadly and strategically about the business.
- Ensure compliance with architecture standards.
- Participate in leadership discussions regarding new technology introduction and/or enterprise system planning activities.
- Evaluate and approve all 3rd party engagements (including approval of renewal contracts) and approve contracts.
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and consistently update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Identify and recommend areas appropriate for further study and participate in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
- Identify implementation risks and analyze potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Recommend and participate in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related, along with 7 years of progressive technology and leadership experience required.
- Certification in two or more of the following areas: TOGAF, MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle Experience as technical lead for a major technology implementation.
- Broad technology experience, including complex systems integration and infrastructure expertise.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging technology to meet business objectives.
- History of engaging with CEO and EVP, CIO customers and external clients.
- Proven track record of effective working relationships with executives and key business partners to drive change agendas.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective.
- History of executing with excellence: setting purposeful goals and achieving them through intelligent actions, balancing competing priorities without losing momentum behind execution.
- Experience leading through influence in a large, matrixed, global environment.
- Outstanding collaboration, strong influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Innovative orientation
- Experience working on Contact Center, Workforce Management and/or other Consumer facing architecture strongly preferred. (adjust to Guild’s consumer facing architecture)
- Prior experiences developing market and vendor partnerships of value.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.