Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hazard Insurance Specialist I (Temporary Role)
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Hazard Insurance Processor Temp plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the organization’s Insurance functions. This entry-level role is responsible for providing timely and accurate processing and payment of insurance bills. This is a temporary position.
- Set up insurance lines on new loans and verify accuracy of information in the system.
- Process and send foreclosure cancellations to insurance companies; follow-up on refund status until received.
- Process manual bill payments prior to expiration dates.
- Process and mail insurance disbursement checks on a daily basis.
- Process refund checks and update the system; take further action if it is necessary to determine reason(s) for refunds.
- Review flood zone information and update any missing data.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established by the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Participate in activities and projects to improve business and department performance.
- Review and reconcile accounts and outstanding amounts to ensure accuracy.
- Process daily insurance mail including policy renewals, cancellations, and premium requests.
- Follow Guild’s information security policies.
- Respond to consumer calls, correspondence, and emails in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Provide daily, weekly, and month-end productivity summaries.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and when promised.
- Prepare complete and accurate call notes, written documentation, etc., and update customer files in the system.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely response and resolution to customer requests.
- Participate in activities and projects designed to improve business performance.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations.
- Provide administrative support to department by processing mail, faxing and mailing outbound correspondence, etc. as needed as well as other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses/technical training in Accounting or related field preferred, along with two or more years total work experience in back office financial services position(s) required, preferably in insurance processing
- Additional work experience in consumer/mortgage lending, banking, or related industry/positions preferred.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes and documents required by conventional and government mortgage loans, terminology, and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements related to insurance.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Basic math and accounting skills required.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
Suupervision and Authority Level
- Close to moderate supervision required, depending on experience level
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.