Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Servicing Compliance Analyst
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Servicing Compliance Analyst plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Compliance functions. The role is primarily responsible, under general supervision, for working with internal programmers and external document vendors to ensure servicing mortgage loan documents reflect correct and complete federal, state and government regulatory disclosures and requirements. This role will closely follow and communicate compliance and regulatory developments that affect mortgage lending compliance; as well as, conduct research on federal, state, agency, investor regulations and guidelines.
- Control and develop documents to ensure compliance with all regulations and disclosures used by Branch and Regional Operations to generate servicing documents.
- Ensure accurate, up to date disclosures are incorporated when products and services are introduced or changed, geographic expansion occurs, business practices, fees and other charges are modified, etc.
- Coordinate user testing, audit and validate systems to verify document compliance with applicable federal, state, agency and investor and other regulatory disclosures and requirements.
- Verify appropriate document-related system controls are in place to assure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide input to programmers on projects related to compliant documents and disclosures.
- Stay up to date on federal, state, agency and investor regulations and guidelines using proprietary systems, subscriber databases and internet resources to verify compliance with regulations.
- Identify “downstream impact” of regulatory requirements and how changes affect systems, business processes, loan documents, etc.
- Coordinate efforts of departments and vendors to ensure timely follow up and on time completion of projects.
- Follow Document Compliance procedures to verify compliance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous service to branches and internal departments.
- Escalate matters that fall outside the scope of job duties to senior documents specialist or department management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; applicable college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance, Legal, etc. is preferred along with one to two years total work experience in an office environment in similar/related positions and duties.
- Prior experience researching servicing regulations, creating documents and system testing preferred.
- Knowledge of the overall consumer mortgage lending process (specifically, servicing), various types of mortgage products, and regulations that affect consumer mortgage lending strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation, critical thinking skills and highly organized.
- Exercise sound judgment, and work independently in a fast-paced environment to complete work and assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Prior experience using PDF software programs, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment.
· Use sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities; escalate issues that represent higher risk or that fall outside scope of responsibility/knowledge.
· Assigned project work includes internal system updates, testing and validation across departments.
· Works with some external vendors.
Travel: 0 - 10%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.