Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Underwriting Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail branch operations functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for providing clerical support and performing limited underwriting tasks in support of the organization’s Underwriters.
- Assist Underwriters with loan files via logging conditions, running the Automated Underwriting System (AUS), submitting to PMI, etc.
- Examine and analyze loan conditions; determine if Underwriter oversight is required and clear conditions accordingly.
- Review credit reports, and income and asset documents to ensure compliance with stated guidelines.
- Answer incoming phone calls and communicate any relevant information with branch personnel.
- Read and respond to routine department emails.
- Prepare and submit loan packages for non-delegated loans to appropriate agency (PMI, USDA, Bond Agency, Jumbo Investor, etc.).
- Request appraisal support where requested by Underwriter (AVM’s, desk reviews, etc.).
- Review and purge old files as needed.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies, ordering more when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of one year total experience in Mortgage lending related role(s).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Direct supervision required, depending on experience
- Limited judgment required; generally follows pre-defined processes and guidelines, escalating more complex issues for advice and resolution
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.