Helen Woodward Animal Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Animal Care Technician (Adoptions)
at Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Rancho Santa Fe, CA, USA
- Part Time
24 hours per week
Weekend, evening and day availability desirable.
Must have clean driving record.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
- Provide loving care to all adoptable animals including feeding, grooming, cleaning and exercise.
- Learn dog/cat breed characteristics and have the ability to educate all potential owners on animal handling and behavior.
- Have knowledge of all animals on premises and be able to introduce those animals to potential owners utilizing specific animal history and information.
- Counseling potential clients who are looking to adopt using adoption files and Center policies and procedures.
- Work with other adoption department staff and supervisors to ensure quality customer service and a high level of animal welfare is maintained.
- Clean animal housing, bedding and food/water dishes.
- Manage daily records for assigned animals and be able to perform basic medical procedures (administer medication, obtain fecal samples ) and relay any pertinent issues to managers.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies throughout facility and maintain HWAC standards of excellence.
- Participate in Center activities and events as required. (Surf Dog competition, Puppy Love 5k run, Home for the Holidays etc.)
- Complete all assigned tasks while representing HWAC standards of professionalism.
- Drive company vehicles with other staff and pets on board.
- Travel out of county or out of state on single day or multiple day trips to transport pets back to the Center.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
Must be at least 21 years of age. Some animal handling experience preferred. Dog and cat familiarity highly desirable. Must possess professionalism, courtesy, tact, and sound judgment. Strong interpersonal skills and attention to details highly desirable. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Able to work in both a team, as well as a self-directed environment. Able to properly handle, exercise and control large, and/or difficult dogs and cats. Able to safely lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work closely with animal dander/hair.
As this position requires driving duties, employee must possess a valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record. Employee must complete a Driver Information Form and provide a recent DMV Driving Record Report to be kept on file, as well as proof of insurance.
5 % of this job is conducted indoors under normal office conditions and 95% outdoors.
Helen Woodward Animal Center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in any HWAC building or vehicle.