Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Project Manager - CA LA
at Holland Residential
- Job ID
- Courthouse Commons
- Unit Count
- Regular Full-Time
- Construction - Corporate
Holland Partner Group is seeking a talented Associate Project Manager to join our Construction Team.
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for supporting the construction project team during the design and construction of a project in accordance with Holland Partner Group’s Core Values.
The Associate Project Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun!
- Participate in writing proposals and preparing components of conceptual and detailed estimates for review with supervisor.
- Review construction and shop drawings for constructability, conflicts, or other details related to construction.
- Assist in writing specifications to assigned projects.
- Assist or manage design, construction and/or close-out on assigned projects.
- Assist in preparation of project schedules and change orders.
- Review drawings, budgets, schedules and other project related matters with jobsite superintendent.
- Report current cost projections to supervisor and assist with other cost projections.
- Negotiate and draft subcontracts for project manager’s review.
- Assist in ensuring necessary permits are obtained in a timely fashion for the project.
- Monitor, review and control project costs to ensure project completion on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with established goals.
- Work to optimize team effectiveness and help coordinate the project team.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with team and company personnel.
- Monitor, enforce and maintain job safety for the project by supporting and participating in all safety programs, ensuring all crew is using required safety equipment and continually monitoring the job site to ensure safety requirements are met in accordance with Holland safety polices.
- Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all Associates.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field strongly preferred (preference to Engineering degree).
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in the construction industry required, preferably in commercial or industrial design or construction area and/or with some experience in project management work in the building construction industry. A Bachelor’s Degree in related field may be considered in lieu of experience. Design-Build and jobsite experience is preferred. Professional engineering or architectural registration is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both writing and oral.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
- Ability to work independently; self-starting and driven.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Ability to solve problems and use available resources.
- Knowledge of the design-build process.
- Must be honest and prepared to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and MS Excel. Bluebeam and Procore preferred.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
Working Environment: This position may be assigned to a construction project site that may involve work conditions requiring protective equipment and training that conforms to OSHA and applicable state agency regulations. Office and toilet conditions may be temporary in nature. Site offices may be subject to dust, noise, and temperature variations not typically encountered in a standard office environment.
This position also requires:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.