Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Financial Officer
at Home Start
Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Supervised By: CEO
Supervises: Manager, Coordinator, & Associate
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects of the organization’s financial management, business operations and technology. Participates as management team member to process activities that improve overall agency morale, productivity and quality of work performed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees agency financial management and supervision of Fiscal team.
- Prepares budgets and tracks expenses.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting for funders, foundations and Board of Directors.
- Oversees fixed assets and maintains records.
- Formulates and recommends objectives, plans, schedules, policies, procedures and budgets for overall agency administrative and program operations.
- Establishes policies and procedures regarding computer hardware maintenance, acquisition and usage. Sets standards and ensures consistency for hardware and software usage in the agency.
- Leads internal and external audits.
- Creates and oversees business management and growth strategies for the agency.
- Oversees and establishes Fiscal policies, procedures and personnel.
- Participates in Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
- Oversees Thrift Boutique including manager supervision, accounting for daily sales, inventory and donated goods.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout program and service areas, focusing on system/process improvement, grant/contract compliance and ensuring achievement of all program goals and objectives. Achieve results through strong employee development, leadership engagement, and employee accountability.
- Analyze program outcomes, costs, statistical reports and financial statements to comply with goals and objectives. Meet with CEO weekly to provide updates on the status of the organization, formulate strategic plans, and implement course correction when needed.
- Provide oversight and direction for all government contracts and/or grant funded programs and services, compliance with all grant/contract terms and conditions and requirements, data collection and reporting systems, and performance management/quality assurance systems.
- Routinely consult with CEO to ensure his/her vision and plans are fully implemented.
- Work with CEO to co-supervise the Director of Programs to help him/her manage grant funds, meet budget goals, and successfully lead Program staff.
- Inform Board of Directors through CEO of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding, and program success and priorities.
- Perform other projects and duties as directed by the CEO and Board of Directors.
Education: BA/BS in Accounting required; MBA or CPA preferred. Knowledge: Seven years’ experience in non-profit administration and management highly preferred. Experience in coaching and developing team building to create high performance climate. Abilities: Management and leadership skills a must with ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Skills: Must possess cognitive thinking and strong analytical skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain financial concepts to staff and partners are required. Must have strong computer skills with particular emphasis in the use of accounting software packages. Must be able to use all office equipment.
- Sitting for long periods of time viewing a computer screen, in meetings or in supervision. Standing and walking frequently.
- Occasional driving to meetings with vendors or in the community.
- Using hands to operate keyboard and other office equipment.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
- Finding meeting space for large groups can be challenging.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.