Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Director of Housing Services
at Home Start
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972 is seeking an experienced Deputy Director of Housing Services. The Deputy Director is responsible for oversight of Home Start’s range of supportive housing options and related services. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring contract objectives are met, developing and implementing policies and procedures, supervising staff, interacting with funders, coordinating between internal Home Start departments, conducting program evaluations, developing and monitoring budgets, assisting with new program design, assisting with grant development, implementing continuous quality improvement, facilitating internal department meetings, and representing Home Start at external community meetings. The Deputy Director of Housing Services provides leadership to the housing department to develop and continuously improve dynamic and high-performing supportive housing programs and other related services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all programs are in compliance with funding regulations.
- Ensure all programs are meeting or exceeding all internal and contract goals.
- Prioritize and direct the work of housing staff members.
- Oversee the training of staff and ensure quality assurance across programs.
- Facilitate department meetings and ensure the coordination of services through case conferencing.
- Promote trauma-informed care, housing first, and harm reduction throughout programs.
- Ensure high quality client services through a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Develop, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Conduct continuous program evaluation.
- Work with the Behavioral Health Department to inform and enhance client services.
- Provide quality assurance of data entry, run, monitor, and complete reports.
- Ensure effective communication between staff, programs, and departments.
- Ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures.
- Support a learning culture throughout the department.
- Hear and resolve client grievances.
- Assist with the development of improved processes and systems.
- Assist with program design and grant writing.
- Oversee department interns and volunteers.
- Ensure compliance with Continuum of Care (CoC) standards including use of the Coordinated Entry System (CES) and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current, new, and emerging best practices.
- Attend trainings and conferences.
- Manage communications with external partners and collaborators.
- Represent Home Start at external meetings.
- Attends EMT, CAMT, ECAMT, All Staff Meeting and events.
Skill / Requirements
A Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred. Administrative experience and five (5) years’ experience supervising staff in supportive housing or related programs preferred. Must have knowledge of contract compliance; be familiar with supportive housing and related service models for people experiencing homelessness and other vulnerable populations; have knowledge of funding requirements; knowledge of housing first, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, positive youth development, and trauma informed service delivery. Must have strong leadership qualities and supervisory skills working from a team approach; strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and be skilled in delivering presentations to varied audiences. Computer literacy required including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Demonstrated ability to be culturally appropriate and sensitive with others and have respect for diversity; ability to assess situations and opportunities and translate them into plans of action; ability to create a high performance climate and to work as a team member; and take initiative in pursuing program and department goals with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to adjust to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and be flexible. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.