Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intake Coordinator/Program Associate - CSF-East
at Home Start
Home Start, a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening of families is seeking an experienced Intake Coordinator/Program Associate for the Community Services for Families program in El Cajon. This position is the liaison between the Community Services for Families Program (CSF) and Child Welfare Services, provides administrative support to the office, and may also provides some direct services to clients as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes all referrals for CSF services
- Collaborates with regional Child Welfare Services workers to assist in the smooth processing of referrals
- Contacts all potential clients to identify them of their referral and to confirm their interest in the program
- Enters data into the web-based program
- Collects data on a monthly basis and completes reports
- Helps to ensure accurate and timely collection of data from the team
- Provides administrative support at meetings
- Provides administrative support for the team
- Manages closed files and ensures timely processing of files for storage
- Provides direct slient services to 2-4 clients
- Participates in team meetngs
Skill / Requirements
Bachelors degree in social work or related human services field and minimum two years experience working with high risk families in a non-profit/human service setting. Experience providing case management services to low income, multi-problem families preferred. Must have knowledge of child abuse dynamics and family systems and community resources. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individual family needs. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and abilities. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Home Start offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including employer paid medical and life insurance. Voluntary benefits include dental, vision, additional life insurance and AFLAC; FSA for medical and dependent care; and 401(K) Plan with employer match. Time off benefits include generous vacation, sick days and 13 holidays.