Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Diego
A person in the position of General Maintenance performs various tasks related to vessels, their associated equipment, piers, and building structures as needed and assigned. General Maintenance reports to Port Engineer and/or Marine Mechanics.
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Position specific responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repair of vessel systems, and troubleshooting as needed, ie. potable water systems, sewage systems (associated pumps/piping), shore power transfer to generators, steering gear systems, bilge pump/alarms, sump pumps, galley grey water piping systems
- Maintenance and repair of building structures, ie. lighting, plumbing, light carpentry work (door frame/wall repair)
- Perform proper hazardous waste management and disposal
- Evaluate supplies and materials needed, and inform management in a timely manner in order to complete projects
- Complete maintenance projects and repair work within the timeframe assigned, and inform management of all progress, delays, and/or challenges
- Communicate effectively with all team members and management in order to ensure projects are completed in a timely, cost effective manner
- Locate necessary parts and equipment needed for projects and repairs
- Valid unexpired California Driver’s License
- TWIC Card
- At least 2 years prior experience in maintenance of equipment mentioned above (in marine environment preferred), and working with tools/surfaces.
- High school diploma or equivalent recommended
- Must know how to safely and properly use hand and power tools needed for the job
- Must use proper safety equipment at all times
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.