Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Diego
Food & Beverage
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
We are seeking talented, service-minded individuals who are committed to absolute guest satisfaction in a fast-paced, high energy and fun environment. Candidates must be professional, dependable and friendly. This is a great opportunity for those interested in growing within the organization.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Attentive service for our various products which may include a champagne brunch buffet, cocktail receptions, plated meal service and more
- Must be able to navigate stairs while carrying trays of food
- Dining room set-up restock and clean during each shift
- Perform all duties efficiently in the time allotted
- Must be able to check I.D’s for those guests purchasing alcoholic beverages
- Take pride in personal grooming and how you present yourself to others
- Teamwork is highly valued and you must work well with others
- Enjoy beautiful bay views and learn about our products and San Francisco trivia to share with our guests
- Safety is an important part of our culture. Must adhere to all safety standards
- Minimum 6 months hospitality experience, with knowledge of food, wine, and spirits
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC and MMC
- Must provide a copy of a California Serve Safe certificate within 30 days of employment
- Experience with a POS
- Ability to reach, bend, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Day’s evenings, weekend’s and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.