Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Mgr III
at ICW Group
ICW Group is looking for a Senior level Project Manager to lead and innovate in a fast-moving, dynamic company environment. This person will be client facing, confident and consultative. Our goal in IT is simple-to drive business outcomes by empowering our talented team members to do great things! The ideal team member will be passionate about learning new concepts to solve complex problems, thinks outside-the-box to seize new opportunities, challenges established norms and most importantly aspires to exceed our customers' expectations.
What Will Your Day Consist Of?
You will be responsible for managing multiple project teams or a single large team to successfully deliver business results and ensure project success. The Project Manager III is responsible for all facets of a properly managed project: risks, issues, communications, budget, scope, schedule, quality, etc. as well as serve as the key point of contact for stakeholders. Specifically this person will drive coordination and delivery of the Shared Services Program.
Manage multiple project teams or a single large team on projects of greater complexity and risk
• Provide hands on expertise to manage multiple projects or a single large initiatives of software implementations
• Manage the team’s execution of project, including risks, dependencies, deliverables in an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity
• Manage the team’s approach to addressing change or stressful situations
• Enable an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results
• Lead AGILE software development process acting as scrum master/team leader for a cross functional software development team
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics
• Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, issues, risks and change orders.
• Direct individual and team weekly goals and monitor progress through a positive, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
• Strong negotiation, presentation, conflict management, decision making, and communication skills with timely and accurate reporting against project timelines and other metrics
• Clearly, frequently and effectively communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve the team’s value by providing constructive suggestions
• Leverage data when making decisions, gather new information and insight to work through complex issues
• Guide other team members on project management best\better practices and continue to expand mastery of your own
• Work closely with both technical team members and client stakeholders or varying levels to Serve as “trusted advisor” and key point of contact for all stakeholders to ensure success
• Identify, develop, and initiate innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist
• Ensure appropriate capacity planning during execution and adaptability to re-allocate based on priorities and constraints
• Obtain regular feedback from team members individually and collectively to optimize team morale and promote new approaches to overcoming challenges
• Demonstrated ability to lead team through release deployments across all development environments
• Publish integrated release calendars and work with Development Lead for environment management, code branching for continuous integration (CI/CD)
• Lead code migrations across regions (Dev, Int, Stage and Production) through to production validation
• Minimum 5 years in project management, client product/service delivery, systems integration and software engineering, with at least 3 years managing large-scale and complex enterprise software projects.
• Required knowledge and experience managing teams responsible for software design/development, testing, technical operations and technical support
• Prior successes as primary client interface, program manager for enterprise software implementation projects
• Experience in managing Agile software development projects
• BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
• Advanced knowledge of formal project management methodology
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver projects
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to provide leadership using best practice project management methods
• Demonstrated can-do attitude
• Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Moves quickly to address unexpected problems or opportunities.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
• Prior consulting experience preferred
• AGILE Scrum Master or similar certifications
• Voice of customer or Product Owner for AGILE software implementation experience
• Knowledge of Workers Compensation and Insurance Industry
• Knowledge of SaaS technology
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of insurance is preferred but not required. Must have a strategic orientation and be results driven. Ability to lead cross-functional teams; be self-organizing and coach others on the same; understand both technical and business complexity. Ability to understand technical specifications depicted in user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc; understand technical industry-related journals and DOI filings; understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
Proven outcome focused mindset and resiliency to change. Proven ability to question status quo; troubleshoot and partner with others to identify course of resolutions. Positive attitude and temperament to work with others in a team environment. Strong presentation and communication skills. Effective decision making skills. Strong user skills in MS Office applications, including MS Project and Visio. Demonstrated competency in Project Management processes, tools and techniques. Demonstrated competency in both waterfall and agile (SCRUM) SDLC’s
Knowledge of database concepts. Familiar with a variety of IT concepts, practices, tools, and procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
The noise level in the office is usually moderate.