Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Manager, Workers' Compensation Claims
at ICW Group
ICW Group is looking for a Regional Manager, Workers' Compensation Claims, in our San Diego or Woodland Hills Office. This position will cover all of the Southern CA Region. You will manage and oversee functions and Technical Product of the Regional claims departments. This is a high impact role that will assure that practices comport with state compliance regulations and with our company's fiscal policy so that claims are processed expeditiously, efficiently and cost effectively. We are seeking someone who has experience with promoting effective communication to all internal and external parties by providing the administration overview of multiple branches.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will manage and oversee Technical Product of Regional claims departments/branches to assure that practices comport with state compliance regulations.
- Directs the branch managers in the handling of claims to ensure that they are handled in compliance with best practice expectations and applicable state laws.
- Provide applicable training to meet state requirements and correct adverse trends, daily for multiple jurisdictions.
- Assure that all ICW practices and procedures and state regulations governing the processing of claims and reporting of losses are practiced daily for multiple branches .
- Identify and provide applicable resources (including vendors) for all team members to meet expectations, daily.
- Maintain regular review of reserves to ensure each open file adequately reflect the reasonable ultimate cost of the claim.
- Ensure claims are processed aggressively to achieve the best possible result and an acceptable closing ratio.
- Complete and share applicable reports to staff, agents and Home Office as necessary.
Designs and drives processes and makes decisions that ensure claims are processed expeditiously, efficiently and cost effectively
- Monitors claim volume to adjust staffing needs as necessary.
- Oversees expenditures for claims region. Manage multiple branch expenses daily
- Review and audit claim files to make sure ICW and states W/C expectations are met daily.
Develops a team of claims managers and oversees the claims region assigned
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to worker’s compensation claims region. Communicates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles to direct and indirect reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with other Worker’s Compensation Claims leaders, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices in the department encourage development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and holds managers accountable to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the region and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for worker’s compensation claims leaders and team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages department budget, technology and other resources, workload and customer requests. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures quality, adherence to Company security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
You will have Supervisory Responsibilities:
Directly supervises multiple Regional Branch Managers in Workers’ Compensation Claims Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
Varies by Branch and/or State; Adjuster Certification of Workers’ Compensation may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.