iFLY Indoor Skydiving
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STEM Educator (Contract)
at iFLY Indoor Skydiving
iFLY’s Education Program makes Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) exciting and relevant for students. During the program, every student will learn STEM concepts related to the wind tunnel, participate in a grade-appropriate science activity, and fly with an experienced flight instructor in the wind tunnel. STEM Educators lead groups of students grades 2-12 through the education portion of this program.
- Deliver oral presentation introducing students to grade-appropriate STEM concepts related to the wind tunnel.
- Collaborate with iFLY Flight Instructors to demonstrate how everyday objects behave in the wind tunnel.
- Facilitate a grade-appropriate science activity or experiment.
- Assist other iFLY staff in rotating students between the educational and flight portions of the program.
- Engage with school teachers and parents to elicit constructive feedback about the Education Program.
- Work with iFLY Flight Instructors and Operations staff to ensure successful program implementation.
- Communicate with Education Program staff to maintain and improve program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, mathematics, STEM education, or related field
- Mastery of science and mathematics concepts covered in K-12 school curriculum
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals of fluid dynamics and related concepts
- Teaching experience in a classroom, camp, museum, or other STEM education setting
- Passion for engaging children and adults in STEM learning
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to react positively to rapidly changing circumstances
- Graduate Degree in science, engineering, mathematics, STEM education, or related field
- Experience with inquiry-based teaching methods
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
This is a contract position. Hours vary based on schedule and needs. Education programs are usually scheduled between 8am-1pm, M-F during summer and school semesters.