Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Mechanical Engineer- Federal West (HVAC)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Mechanical Building Engineers have exceptional design and analytical skills to plan and design mechanical (HVAC & plumbing) systems for buildings and facilities, including: Federal and military programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
Candidates must be able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices to prepare construction drawings and specifications for submission to jurisdictional plan check and permitting. Engineered systems include, but are not limited to, package systems, central plants, air distribution, hydronic systems, and controls. Knowledge of fire protection systems is also desirable.
- Design complete HVAC systems, including package type and central plants
- Perform calculations for HVAC loads, Title 24, life-cycle costs, and energy analyses
- Prepare detailed design drawings and specifications
- Prepare Basis of Design reports
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms (eg, Title 24)
- Select equipment and edit specifications
- Conduct field surveys and develop as-built drawings
- Manage work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Lead meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues
- Manage quality and schedule of work and interface with clients
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) required
- PE required
- 10-15 plus years working in building-related electrical design, focusing on facilities related HVAC design required
- Knowledge of building codes and the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) required
- Proficiency with HVAC load and energy calculations, and Title 24 energy compliance calculations required
- Knowledge of Revit and Autocad required
- US Citizenship required
- Experience working on military bases, federal buildings, airports, and data center projects preferred
- LEED certification desired
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.