Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecom Site Acquisition Specialist
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Site Acquisition Specialist assists clients in selecting appropriate sites and obtaining leases supporting the greater San Diego, CA area.
• Perform preliminary candidate search with the ability to understand local ordinances and zoning codes, floodplain maps, county maps and title documents to determine site development parameters. Report on viable locations for sites to ensure entitlements are possible.
• Ability to evaluate the constructability of a location.
• Order construction and environmental documents including but not limited to construction drawings, survey, Geotech, NEPA, Phase 1 ESA and SHPO with the ability to understand and redline construction documents.
• Order power and telco and facilitate site walks with the construction team, property owner and utility companies.
• Take site through permitting and zoning, if required.
• Provide regular status updates of all site acquisition activities based on assigned sites. Resolve issues. Coordinate with the Design, Zoning, RF Engineering and Construction Management teams.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of individual site budgets and schedules. Coordinate with land owner and client during the lease negotiation process to obtain fully executed lease or option agreement.
• Negotiate rent, lease terms, prepare lease document package and submit finalized package with detailed account of negotiations and deal points for client.
• Travel to sites and work in client designated areas as required.
• Demonstrate professionalism while attending project and deployment meetings as directed by Site Acquisition Manager.
• Coordinate with other managers, consultants and contractors on project to ensure quality performance.
• 3 years of related experience
• Experience with modifications or new site builds (search rings)
• Ability to travel as needed is required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Requires excellent communication skills, oral and written. Be responsive and ability to explain issues clearly.
• Must be US Citizen or able to work for any US employer without Visa sponsorship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.