Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Chef / Rancho Bernardo Inn
at JC Resorts
- RBI - Kitchens/Cooks
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
The Rancho Bernardo Inn is a distinctive family owned resort in San Diego, offering 287 upscale guest rooms, three restaurants, including recently opened and acclaimed signature restaurant, AVANT; a championship golf course, a renowned spa and expansive meeting and wedding venues. The resort has earned a Four Diamond rating from AAA for 43 consecutive years and has earned honors from Travel + Leisure Magazine and Conde Nast Traveler.
Our Culinary Team has an exciting opportunity for a detail oriented, organized and efficient Banquet Chef (exempt) with strong communication and multi-tasking skills. This role is responsible for providing luxury resort quality food and beverages for banquet functions.
- To train and supervise Banquet Cooks in the proper preparation and presentation of all banquet foods.
- To meet specified quality standards to prepare and present all hot foods for plated banquets and buffets, including setting up chafing dishes, plating hot foods, and coordinating service with the Banquet department team.
- To prepare special meals, as requested by guests for dietary or other reasons.
- To review banquet function sheets daily, in order to establish work detail lists for Banquet Cooks.
- To maintain a reference file of Banquet recipes.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- High school diploma or equivalet preferred. English fluency required. Spanish language ability helpful.
- Must have minimum four years experience in food preparation, including two years in preparation of banquet foods.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiar with OSHA, SB 198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances.
- Hotel experience preferred.
Please click here for full job description.
JC Resorts/Rancho Bernardo Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V