Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pastry Cook / Rancho Bernardo Inn
at JC Resorts
- RBI - Kitchens/Cooks
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
The Rancho Bernardo Inn is a distinctive family owned resort in San Diego, offering 287 upscale guest rooms, three restaurants, including recently opened and acclaimed signature restaurant, AVANT; a championship golf course, a renowned spa and expansive meeting and wedding venues. The resort has earned a Four Diamond rating from AAA for 43 consecutive years and has earned honors from Travel + Leisure Magazine and Conde Nast Traveler.
We are currently seeking a full-time Pastry Cook to join our creative Pastry Kitchen Team!
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE: To assist the Pastry Chef in the preparation, production, and plating of all pastry items.
- To follow all specifications to properly prepare and present baked goods, including cutting pastries; setting up trays and racks; cooking cream preparations; making fruit sauces; preparing cookie and muffin mixes; and baking and storing cookies.
- To deliver foods for teas, in a timely manner.
- To monitor daily forecasts, and ensure advance prep needs are met, on a daily basis.
- To assist, as directed, to order food supplies.
- To follow all specifications to properly clean and secure work area, at end of shift.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- Able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have minimum one year experience in bake shop.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all kitchen areas and their operation, as well as safe and proper use and storage of all relevant kitchen toools and equipment.
- Hotel experience preferred.
Please click here for full job description.
JC Resorts/Rancho Bernardo Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V