Frontwave Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Communications Project Specialist
at Frontwave Credit Union
Frontwave Credit Union is Now Hiring!!!
We are seeking a Marketing Communications Project Specialist to join our award-winning marketing team. If you are a leader with a broad skill set that includes the production and creation of marketing communication and promotional materials to implement marketing and communication strategies, this job may be for you!
About Frontwave Credit Union:
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with 87,000 members and manage over $820 million in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer solutions to provide our members and the communities we serve with products and services that enhance the quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the progressive application of technology.
As a Marketing Communications Project Specialist, you will facilitate/manage the creation, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of marketing communications across all channels. In this role, you will help perpetuate the brand through relevant, timely, and compelling communication that builds member affinity and causes people to act. This role will be critical in maintaining organizational consistency of brand and marketing guidelines. In this role, you will implement member and employee communication that builds positive, emotional connections with our members, employees and community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Assist Director of Marketing with the development of tactical marketing plans and programs with accompanying budgets.
- Coordinate the implementation of marketing plan and program tactics including, but not limited to, traditional promotional/campaign materials, branch merchandising, digital, audio and video assets, online materials, newsletter articles, member education pieces, press releases, and internal communications. Monitor programs to ensure budget guidelines are met and assist co-workers in the coordination of marketing projects, campaign promotions, and communications.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison with marketing third party vendor partners and graphic designers to produce and implement best-in-class marketing and communication collaterals, messaging, and content in accordance to the brand guidelines that drives top-of-mind awareness.
- Develop powerful communication that helps to build emotional connections with members, employees, and the community.
- Manage assigned projects and/or project teams ensuring timely completion of tasks/projects, contingency planning, campaign/project analysis, and tracking/monitoring process.
- Serve as the credit union’s brand ambassador ensuring consistency in the organization’s voice, key messages, and editorial style across all channels.Varies language and tone of messages based on product, medium, and target audience.
- Assist in driving lead generation/demand generation efforts utilizing an integrated marketing approach with digital and traditional channels. Promote agility and scalability through a shift from traditional to digital marketing and continuous learning from new approaches.
- Assist with the development of specific marketing programs for the branches ensuring that all elements and initiatives are consistent with Frontwave’s brand and member service standards while achieving marketing goals. Develop and manage a network of branch contacts and oversee traditional and digital branch merchandising programs.
- Act as facilitator/contributor to process documentation for the department as well as any ongoing process improvements.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert in standing and/or ad hoc cross-functional team committees as requested to support Frontwave’s goals and objectives. Initiate and support committee ideas, projects and product enhancements. Define marketing communication objectives to effectively communicate organizational initiatives, product promotions, and promotional campaigns including but not limited to marketing collaterals, sales tools, web/email content, video, web/print ads, and internal communications.
- Provide support and direction to the Marketing Coordinator as needed in the completion of tasks and projects.
- Partner with the Marketing Analyst to refine, implement, and execute marketing KPIs and ROI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
Have an excellent eye for design and delivering message in a clear, concise way.
Demonstrate ability to manage the creation and distribution of marketing communication collaterals to extend existing band.
Possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate insights into tactical actions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills and ability to present to cross-functional groups including, but not limited to, leadership teams.
Ability to understand business objectives, incorporate feedback, and produce solutions that communicate clearly and represent the brand.
Must be a curious and a critical thinker with knowledge of both the creative and analytical side of marketing.
Well-developed project management skills with knowledge of campaign development process including familiarity with all types of marketing communications from print to digital.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with simultaneous experience with rigid timelines and budget management skills on multiple projects.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field, including Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
Master’s degree a plus.
5+ years marketing communications experience - including creative development, and/or content creation preferred.
2+ years experience working with marketing agencies, media buyers, public relations, and digital marketing.
1+ year supervisory experience
Marketing agency, creative direction and/or designer experience a plus.
Experience with event marketing, experiential marketing, and retail merchandising.
Experience working in world-class hospitality or consumer brands a plus.
Knowledge Required for Position:
Knowledge in financial services, the credit union industry, terminology and procedures.
Extensive knowledge of PC, internet, spreadsheets, data mining and analysis, and design and office productivity packages.
Ability to manage multiple vendor relationships and communication channels.
Ability to work and act independently and confidently.
Ability to effectively research, report data, and make recommendations.
Ability to distinguish and process confidential material and information with discretion.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people.
Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
Must possess a current, valid driver’s license. May be required to operate privately-owned or credit union vehicle to and from assigned locations.
What’s In It For You:
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!