Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kearny Mesa Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM is looking to hire a Detailer who will be responsible for cleaning, preparing new, used, and serviced vehicles. This person will also work with the service and sales departments moving vehicles around the dealership lot and retrieving vehicles for customers when service is complete. Lastly, this person will be responsible for moving and parking vehicles in a manner that will ensure smooth and efficient traffic flow through the facility to increase client convenience and satisfaction.
* Overseeing the cleaning of the exterior and interior of the vehicle.
* Cleaning engine and engine compartments.
* Inspecting vehicles for noticeable defects and restoring the appearance of engine area, rugs, upholstery and painted surfaces.
* Replacing missing or defective small parts.
* Restoring appearance of vehicles to new or like-new condition to the best of their ability.
* Preparing vehicles to be serviced by putting down mats and plastic to protect interiors, making key tags and driving vehicles from the service lanes to the service stalls or parking area.
* Moving vehicles not currently being serviced and keeping an orderly area so that vehicles can be easily found and moved.
* Keeping the service drop-off area clean and free of debris.
* Retrieving newly-serviced vehicles for customers.
* Maximizing the use of space and maintaining the dealership lot.
* Washing and drying of service vehicles after technician completes services and/or repairs.
* Cleaning and maintaining service work areas to include trash removal, tire removal, and removing used parts to assigned areas.
* Verifying serial numbers of incoming cars against invoices.
* Inspecting cars for damage.
* Checking for accessories listed on the invoice, such as spare tires and stereo equipment.
* Recording description of damages and listing missing items on delivery receipt.
* A Detailer/Porter should have basic knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance, good judgment and the ability to use hand and power tools and other machinery safely.
* Good cleaning skills and the ability to follow instructions are important. Some cleaning products may be hazardous, so detailers should have a good understanding about how to use these chemicals correctly and safely.
* We are looking for someone who is well-organized with good time management skills and has an eye for detail.
* A valid driver's license and a good driving record is a requirement for this position.
* A driver’s license as well as a clean driving record is necessary for this position. Detailer/Porter must be able to operate a standard shift and must be neat, polite and courteous to customers.
Kearny Mesa Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check..