Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parts Counter Person - Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru
Parts Retail Counter Person
Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru
The Parts Counter Person assists all customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Answers customer phone calls, provides price quotes, looks up parts to fill customer request.- Receives orders and estimates by email, fax or internal requests, assures the parts that are ordered are correct and fills order per customer request. Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to all OEM options.
- Fills orders from stock, notifies customer of out-of-stock parts that need immediate attention. Locates out-of-stock parts from outside sources and submits special orders.
- Notifies the customer or service advisor when special ordered parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts, verifies will-call and back-order parts and returns to vendors or to stock those items not picked up or required.
- Assures all purchases for parts are billed accordingly and paperwork is complete and reconciled.
- Issues credit for parts returned or ensures that parts are taken off of repair orders when turned in, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all parts orders, invoices, estimates, special order parts and keeps desk and counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, also tries to "up-sell”, or provide “in conjunction with parts” to customers or technicians when appropriate.
- Works well with others, maintains composure in a fast paced environment.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Assists in checking in orders, and stocking of parts orders.
- Must have previous automotive experience.
-Must have experience in imports car lines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday 8 AM -5PM.
The following are also preferred:
- Previous experience working as parts counter person at an automotive dealership is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of CDK/ADP
- Subaru dealer experience
Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.