Kay and Associates, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kay and Associates, Inc.
Camp Pendleton, CA (HMLAT-303)
Aircraft Worker (23080): The Aircraft Worker makes repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker, assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems, removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines, This worker may supervise the jacking and towing of aircraft, makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments; obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples, may perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed, and services engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) licensing of contractor employee technical proficiency is not required.
Skill and Knowledge: Shall have the ability to troubleshoot malfunctions in various aircraft systems and be able to perform general Organizational Level maintenance and possess one or more of the specialties of the assigned aircraft below:
Airframe/Structural, Avionic/Electrical, Corrosion Control, Landing Gear, Wing/Pylon Fold, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, mechanical Flight Control Systems, Power Plant and related Sub-systems
Responsibility: Performs requirements in accordance with the procedures established in the PWS. Performs diagnosis and corrective actions, disassembles, inspects, evaluates, and accomplishes necessary repairs, lays out work according to technical instructions and technical directives. Determines what repairs, modifications, and part replacements are required. May be required to verify work performed by another for which he/she is qualified to perform.
- Assists in aircraft maintenance functions of the Line, Corrosion Control, Tool Room and Aircraft Organizational Level maintenance and flight testing support
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance support for assigned H-1 aircraft
- Performs aircraft Daily Turn Around Inspections
- Performs aircraft launch and recovery operations
- Performs inspection, disassembly, repair, servicing, TD compliance, modification, assembly, corrosion control, preservation/depreservation
- Maintain aircraft and aeronautical equipment to continuously support the assigned readiness posture outlined in in the activities plan and daily flight schedule
- Aircraft maintenance action documentation via logs, records, forms, and electronic means
- Assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems
- Use hand tools, power tools, machines, specific and general aviation test measurement and diagnostic equipment, and sets kits and outfits (SKO).
- Inspect, repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft components/sub components to include rigging of flight control.
- Read and interpret manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Confined space operations to include fuel cell entry
- Support Equipment (SE) operation and inspections
- Aircraft inspections
- Aircraft movement
- Support services
- Corrosion Control
- Preservation and depreservation
- General aircraft maintenance
- Technical Directive compliance and modifications
- Perform general housekeeping and organization of workstation(s), shop(s), maintenance facility to provide a clean, safe, and FOD free environment
- Perform shift work and/or overtime as required
- Perform phase, scheduled, unscheduled, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
- Requisition repair parts, materials, and consumable supplies through military supply system.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Three or more years’ H-1 rotary wing experience
- Five or more years’ rotary wing maintenance experience
- Familiarity and ability to use NAVAIR IETMS.
- Four or more years’ experience with NALCOMIS/OOMA
- Basic Corrosion Control Course
- Advanced Corrosion Control Course/Paint and Final Finish
- Hydraulic Contamination Qualification
- APU Qualification
- Aircraft Jacking Qualification
- Previously certified H-1 CDI/CDQAR
- Individual (I) Aircraft Maintenance Qualification
- Must be able to work shift schedules as required per Performance Work Statement (PWS)
- Must be able work work-week schedules i.e. M-F, Sn-Th or as required per PWS
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to obtain favorable National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI), IAW DTM-08-003 “Next Generation Common Access Card (CAC) Implementation Guidance or Secret security clearance as required for the position
- Must be able to climb ladders, raised platforms, and aircraft
- Must be able to use hand and power tools
- Must have dexterity to handle small parts
- Must be able to pass employment physicals
- Must be able to deploy to support off station exercises and perform other support duties if required
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed; and (e) KAI commencing performance on this contract.
If you have not applied to a position and created a profile on our website click "Apply for this position to create a profile"