Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager/Practice Builder, Land Development - San Diego, CA
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
We have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a motivated Practice Builder/Project Manager to join our Land Development team in San Diego, CA.
Our Practice Builders have an entrepreneurial spirit, creating a vision for their practice while contributing to the growth of the Land Development teams in the San Diego market. You will lead the business development efforts with local architects and developers while building and managing your relationship with these key clients. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership responsibilities include: operating with integrity and sound business principals; providing practice vision, business planning and strategy; establishing goals; building and maintaining positive client relationships; having open communication with your partners and team; and growing and leading your land development practice.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of an impressive bonus program with the potential to advance to ownership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with P.E. registration
- Extensive client contacts and relationships with local or national architects, developers, land use attorneys, planners and/or land owners as well as local jurisdictional staff.
- Registered engineer with 10 or more years of diversified experience in growing and leading a land development practice in the San Diego market (residential, commercial, industrial and/or institutional).
- Business development and marketing experience including; writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
- Site Civil Design experience and technical oversite utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to effectively communicate positively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage & mentor staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage land development projects profitably.