La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Health Worker
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Location: City Heights- May need to travel to other L.M. locations
Expand current outreach and enrollment assistance activities and facilitate enrollment of eligible health center patients and service area residents into affordable health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplaces, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Conduct “in-reach” with current uninsured patients.
- Must complete all state and federal training for the affordable health insurance coverage.
- Must be familiar with the eligibility requirements for coverage under public funded programs.
- Enroll into public funded programs. Number of monthly contacts and leads require will be disclose by Programs Director.
- Conduct Outreach to local businesses (supermarkets, Farmer’s markets, schools, churches, public housing/low income apartment complexes, laundry mats, adult education/ESL centers etc)
- Participate in Community Events such as health fairs and cultural celebrations
- Schedule appointments
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in community network meetings
- Disseminate prevention material
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the services, programs and functional operations at La Maestra Community Health Centers.
- Perform other duties as assigned (will be disclosed by Department director)
* Education: High School Diploma or GED
* Experience: Minimum of two years experience working in a customer service position in a healthcare clinic or medical office.
* Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
* Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
* Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.