La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Starting Pay: D.O.E.
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: T.B.D.
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ ExemptSummary:
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker will be responsible for professionally applying social work methods and theory to the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of psychosocial dysfunction, impairment, or disability, including mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for families, individuals, and groups. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for screening medical records, conducting interviews and assessments, setting treatment goals, and arranging for expediting and coordinating services. As an employee of La Maestra Community Health Centers and a licensed professional, the LCSW must always act in accordance with La Maestra’s policies, procedures, and protocols as well as those established by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. It is essential for the LCSW to have considerable knowledge of mental health services including characteristics of the population served, appropriate programing to meet these needs, and the dynamics of human behavior. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams is essential.
* Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementation of psychosocial programs
* Counseling patients and interpreting the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
* Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients and/or groups of patients and serves as a liaison to the community, individuals, and groups.
* Conduct surveys and studies relating to the psychosocial status and patterns of relevant population groups and must be able to interpret/inform professionals, patients, and other staff members of findings.
* Diagnosing and providing treatment to individuals with mental disorders, as well as various behavioral and emotional disturbances.
* Assist in the implementation, administration, and supervision of community and social programs as a professional counselor in accordance with LMCHC’s grants/contracts with federal, state, and local agencies and mandates of service requirements with those grants/contracts.
* Provide crisis intervention and support for patients and family members.
* Prepare psychosocial educational materials as needed or required.
* Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services as needed.
* Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.Job Requirements:
Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work and two years of supervised social work
Certification required: Licensed in the state of California as a licensed clinical social worker
Experience: Additional training or experience of at least one year of work as an LCSW managing clients with complex mental health issues.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to: Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
* Conduct health related educational presentations to both adults and teens in school and clinical settings.
* Must be able to bill Medicaid and other insurers as indicated
* Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!