La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Starting Pay: DOE
Location: 4060 Fairmount Ave. SD, CA 92105
Hours of Work: T.B.D.
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
* Interprets physician's orders and secures a requisition before performing test.
* Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
* Draws blood from patient's finger, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
* Conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, under supervision of medical technologist.
* Performs blood counts (Hemoglobin).
* Conducts blood tests for transfusion purposes.
* Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
* Performs tests in an accurate and timely manner.
* Informs physicians of lab results.
* Documents all requests and results of lab work accurately.
* Recognizes abnormalities and notifies physician immediately.
* Performs daily quality control and cleaning procedures per guidelines.
* Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
* Collects payment for services rendered
* Collects and enters patient information in electronic health record system.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is seeking Phlebotomists to join our team. The Phlebotomist performs routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease
* Education: High School Diploma
* Certification required: CA Phlebotomist certification and CPR certification
* Experience: Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bilingual Preferred
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to: Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 619-269-1291