Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Quality
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Quality to join the Wattstopper Team in Carlsbad, CA. The Director of Quality is responsible for all Quality Control and Quality Assurance efforts that cover design, manufacturing, supplier, and technical support process at multiple locations. The Director of Quality is also responsible for the establishment and maintenance of ISO9001:2008 & ISO14001:2004 registrations at all WattStopper locations.
What Will You Do?
- Conducts continual and comprehensive reviews of the WattStopper New Product Development QA process. Apply proven Quality Assurance procedures to state of the art development programs.
- Conducts continual and comprehensive reviews of the companies Quality Control processes. Apply proven Quality Control procedures to both domestic and China operations.
- Develop quality performance metrics for plants and suppliers. Maintain records of performance. Provide reports to upper management periodically. Report severe exceptions immediately.
- Plan and lead management review, internal and external audits, to ensure compliance with ISO9001 & 14001 standards
- Review new and current design documentation to insure quality requirements are clearly specified. Participate in new design reviews, DFMEA/PFMEA, and production part approvals to provide input on quality issues –gage study, process capability, control plans, performance testing, etc.
- Lead Quality Engineers in plan / execution of design validation for software and embedded control products.
- Maintain and further develop the PQST issue reporting system. Work with a customer facing team to disposition issues as they are entered into the system and communicate with Product Line Management through the PIC process when necessary.
- Administer direct reports in California, Utah, Canada and Shanghai with indirect reports at the plants
- Develop and implement supplier quality improvement programs as well as processes for evaluating and qualifying and disqualifying new suppliers. Develop the quality systems of suppliers to include SPC and other advanced quality tools..
- Plan and facilitate lean and kaizen events at company locations to continuously improve administrative processes
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: Bachelors degree (or equivalent combination of higher education and experience) in engineering or related technical field
Experience: At least 10 years experience in quality control. Must have a strong technical understanding of electro-mechanical assembly, PCBA and manufacturing practices.
- Requires knowledge of statistical tools, field-failure analysis, closed-loop corrective action plans. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required. Lean certificate is preferred.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to handle all types of personalities and relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. These products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. Solarfective gives Legrand customers the most energy efficient, easy-to-use advanced shading and lighting control solutions. For more information, visit legrand.us/lighting-controls-building-systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer