Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer II
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Electrical Engineer II to join the Wattstopper Team in Carlsbad, CA. Responsible for the design of new electrical products from concept to production and for technical support of some mature products. Working individually or as part of a design team, develops, evaluates and validates product design, specification and design reviews, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production.
What Will You Do?
- Maintain and extend firmware for a current product family utilizing C and some C++ written for ARM microprocessors.
- Direct experience with JTAG debugging and ARM Cortex series processors from Atmel, ST, Nordic, or SiLabs a plus. EM35xx programming using Zigbee preferred.
- Design embedded electronics systems through the use of component vendor datasheets and existing design files including choosing and crossing all components on the PCBA BOM.
- Review schematic layout for new and existing product including evaluating component substitution options for manufacturability and cost improvements. Experience with Altium or Arena a plus.
- System level troubleshooting and debugging including device to device communication hardware and protocols utilizing UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, and RS-485 as required. Direct experience with any of the above a plus. Experience with scripting utilizing BASH, Python.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Education: BS Electrical Engineering or no degree with 4 year's experience.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in Electrical Engineering and new product development.
- Experience working with a team that is responsible for product development life cycle implementation from requirements specifications
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Must have strong analytical skills and proven ability to efficiently research and summarize information in an effective manner and make recommendations based upon analysis.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams. Must be highly collaborative to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively. Must be proficient with engineering design software such as CAD or SolidWorks.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work. Must understand the implications of product costing to ensure business goals are met.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. These products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. Solarfective gives Legrand customers the most energy efficient, easy-to-use advanced shading and lighting control solutions. For more information, visit legrand.us/lighting-controls-building-systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer