Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Firmware Engineer
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to join the Wattstopper Team in Carlsbad, CA, Richardson, TX or Pleasant Grove, UT. Designs, develops, tests, and maintains embedded firmware for new, custom, or existing Electronic products. This firmware will be highly reusable and designed to be leveraged across multiple LNCA Business Units as practicably as possible. Contribute detailed design, coding, integration, and testing skills/efforts to achieve product development functional requirements.
What Will You Do?
- Design, code, debug and release embedded firmware for new and existing product designs.
- Generate formal documentation (EPS) for product firmware.
- Work closely with hardware design engineers on new product development
- Test and verify new code as required using industry best practice, track and resolve bugs.
- Develop and review prototypes as appropriate
- Initiate Engineering Changes, as required.
- Provide technical assistance to internal customers (Design Verification Test Engineering, Quality Assurance, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering).
- Assist Person(s) assigned to Customer Service Resolutions.
- Assist Marketing by reviewing competitive products.
- Interface with vendors to develop partnerships, support for purchasing and design support.
- Perform similar and related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum 10 years' of experience in Embedded Firmware
- Minimum 10 years' of C/C++ programming language.
- Minimum 2 years' experience using communication technologies such as BlueTooth, BLE, ZigBee, Zwave, or sub GHz RF.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with and RTOS such as uC/OS, ThreadX, MQX or similar.
- Experience preferably with Agile SW methodologies.
- Bachelors degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Embedded system programming and design with various microcontrollers such as Nordic Semi, Atmel, ST or NXP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing firmware for serial peripherals (I2C/SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB, etc.), EEPROM and other FLASH storage, and basic ADC and GPIO functionality.
- Experience developing network enabled products utilizing TCP/IP.
- Experience with EVT, DVT, and PVT phases (Or equivalent tollgate development processes) for hardware, software, and firmware development, as well as Alpha, Beta phases for SW.
- Experience with Agile tools including familiarity JIRA or similar
- Ability to read and understand Wattstopper’s product technical specifications, APIs, and user guides to determine product integration solutions.
- Ability to effectively present/communicate intended design and project task assignments to work team members as well as the ability to communicate summarized Project Status to Engineering Leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control several projects at various stages of work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Multi-tasking based on immediate business and product development priorities are essential for optimum performance in this position.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software.
- Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
- Ability/Willingness to travel internationally on a limited basis.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. These products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. Solarfective gives Legrand customers the most energy efficient, easy-to-use advanced shading and lighting control solutions. For more information, visit legrand.us/lighting-controls-building-systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer