Lincoln Property Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant District Manager I
at Lincoln Property Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
- Position Type (Portal Searching)
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Name
- East County District (Eucalyptus Ridge)
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of an Assistant District Manager:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Assistant District Manager, you will maintain and manage the day-to-day bookkeeping operations. Your role includes assisting with the supervision of on-site personnel and requires effective customer service skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively and deliver on our mission accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping of the community, including paying bills, creating and receiving purchase orders, change orders, processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, collections, and invoicing.
- Assisting the District Manager with the community budget and achievement of operational and financial goals.
- Assisting with various duties, including training, coaching and supervision of office staff.
- Collection of outstanding rents, prepares and sends delinquency and balance due letters to residents.
- Maintaining accurate records of all bookkeeping transactions; Adjusts ledgers, prepares / reconciles delinquency reports, verifies/ adjusts BAH, submits write-off packages.
- Providing constant vendor/contractor communications concerning billing and invoicing.
- Promoting positive resident relations by ensuring resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Assisting and mentoring Customer Service Representatives and other office staff with duties and resident relations.
- Performing other general office duties, i.e. phones, filing, special projects and assignments, as needed.
- Performing various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, and other company-related systems.)
- Composing and distributing of correspondence / notices (rent collections, violation notices, reminders, community events, etc.).
- Participating in property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure the community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
- Participating and attending various department or regional meetings, seminars, or work-related events.
What You Need for Success:
- Position requires 2 or more years of residential property management or administrative/ bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, keyboard, internet search and email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
- Fair Housing certification, if not certified, must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, co-workers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Must possess a positive and professional demeanour in all interactions, under all circumstances.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.