Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VIP Host - House of Blues, San Diego
at Live Nation
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
- To sell VIP options at House of Blues San Diego and to also be present on night of show to upsell available VIP inventory. Serve as VIP host in the Music Hall on night of show to maintain constant communication with staff and clients to ensure that guests receive highly personal service and the highest level of standards at all times. .
- Sell VIP tables, bottle service and reserved stools in advance of every show and maintain monthly sales goal.
- Be present at every show to upsell available VIP inventory to concert patrons.
- Serve as a resource of information for VIP clients regarding their experience within the House of Blues venue.
- Provide assistance for VIP clients regarding the timing of their arrival and concert times.
- Give proper recognition to Foundation Members, Live Nation Executives and VIP clients to instill appreciation for their membership and patronage.
- Coordinate operations on night of shows with Ops Director, servers and security.
- Build strong relationships with Foundation Room members and VIP clients and have the ability to anticipate their needs.
- Give constant observation of Opera Boxes and reserved stools to ensure guests are receiving highly personal service at all times.
- Maintain articulate vocabulary with the ability to adapt and socialize with current audience.
- Maintain exemplary and professional grooming standards.
- Required to occasionally work Special Events that are scheduled throughout the venue
- Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of high end restaurant operations, seating procedures, guest relations, problem solving
- Experience in selling to high-end, VIP clients
- Skill in diplomacy, handling multiple tasks, verbal skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Must be able to work in multi venues
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.