Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Research Assistant
at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
Category : Scientific Research
Location/City : CA - San Diego
MEDICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT (NHRC)
Job # 2019.037.C
This position provides routine and non-routine study related support for the department to enhance operating efficiency. This position also executes data and specimen collection, data management, and coordinates documents and shipments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Basic knowledge of respiratory disease definitions.
2. Knowledge of proper sample collection techniques.
3. Skilled in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, graphic, email, and database software.
4. Ability to follow a standard operating procedure and IRB approved protocols.
5. Ability to plan and prioritize work.
6. Ability to make (informed consent) presentations to individuals or groups.
7. Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
8. Ability to interface with investigators, research staff, and study participants.
Minimum Education/Training/Experience Requirements:
This position requires the equivalent of a High School degree with 6 months - 1 year of related experience or an Associate’s degree with 0-2 years of related experience. Ability to collect blood samples may be required for certain positions.
Research experience consenting
Has CAC card or dependent ID
Willing to work between 2 clinics/locations: NMCSD and a branch clinic
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. All applicants and employees are further protected from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing or discussing the compensation of other applicants or employees. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click here.
For assistance with our application process, including reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to participate in the application process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 505-348-9400.