Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Program Officer
at MAAC Project
|Location:||Administration - Chula Vista, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
For additional information and to apply for this position please contact: Trevor Blair, Principal, Blair Search Partners
**** For additional information about MAAC and this position click here. ****
Under policy direction the incumbent plans, organizes, integrates, directs, manages, reviews and evaluates the activities, operations, and services of assigned administrative and/or operational divisions of MAAC; directs and manages the development of short and long-term goals and objectives consistent with MAAC’s mission, strategic plan, annual operating plans and budgets and ensures their effective execution. The incumbent ensures all assigned operations and functions serve the needs of MAAC’s stakeholders, the community and business partners, customers and clients, while fully complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Areas of oversight may include, but are not limited to, Child Development, Community and Economic Development, Health and Wellness, and Education programs.
This single position classification assists and supports the direction established by the MAAC Board of Directors and the President/CEO and works collaboratively with other Executive Officers and senior staff in developing strategies and formulating policies and procedures for addressing complex programmatic issues that have agency-wide impact and importance in a sensitive and changing political, community and intergovernmental environment. The incumbent serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and will be fully engaged in the day-to-day administration of MAAC and in the planning and execution of programs, projects and activities for accomplishing short and long-term goals and objectives. Within assigned areas of accountability, the incumbent will operate with substantial latitude and discretion to achieve effective and efficient utilization of resources in serving MAAC’s stakeholders, business and community partners, constituencies and customers. Assignments are broad in scope; the incumbent will need to exercise political acumen and demand expeditious action and response.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates, integrates and evaluates the work of assigned departments and/or programs to ensure that program operations and services comply with the policies and strategic direction set by the Board of Directors and with all applicable laws, regulations and funding source requirements.
- Directs the development and implementation, and monitors the accomplishment of, short and long-term plans, goals and objectives to achieve the agency’s mission, vision, strategic plan, values, and Board priorities.
- Participates in the development and adoption of the strategic plan and other long-range programs, resources, and operational plans with the President/CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the alignment of programs and services across the multiple departments throughout the agency. The incumbent will work with managers and staff to establish, monitor, report and evaluate program outcomes to meet funding and compliance requirements in addition to measureable goals established by the organization.
- Adheres to and promotes intra-agency/departmental collaboration and the provision of coordinated and seamless service delivery to MAAC’s clients throughout the county.
- Guides and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development; takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with MAAC’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Works with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and retain highly competent, customer-service oriented staff through selection, compensation, training and day-to-day management practices which support MAAC's mission, strategic plan, goals and core values.
- Participates with the President/CEO and the Executive Leadership Team in assessing regional, community, service area and customer needs in areas of MAAC’s portfolio of programs and services; identifies opportunities for adding or extending high priority services; directs and may participate in the analysis of potential funding and revenue sources or methods of financing programs and/or operations; with subordinate staff, develops program concepts and detailed proposals to address service needs with potential sources of funding; manages and directs sourcing for grant and other funding opportunities.
- Supports the Executive Leadership Team, with the analysis of proposed legislation and preparation of recommendations regarding policy issues; participates in community, business and intergovernmental activities to communicate MAAC’s interests and needs; serves as liaison to and represents MAAC in dealings with elected and appointed officials of governmental agencies, civic and community groups, business leaders and with other industry and professional organizations.
- Manages and directs the development of board reports and supporting materials; presents staff recommendations at Board and Board Committee meetings; advises the Executive Leadership Team regarding policy, program and financial matters consistent with the agency’s mission, vision and long-range plans; assists in identifying, articulating and implementing policies and programs.
- Participates and advises staff and board members in the organization’s programmatic and associated activities. Provides staff support to the Program Committee of the Board of Directors and other Committees as assigned.
- Communicates and interprets President/CEO and Board instructions and requests to directors, division managers and staff; makes interpretations, recommendations and decisions based on MAAC and funding source regulations, policies, procedures and applicable local, state and federal law to ensure compliance.
- Provides leadership and plays a key role in outreach and collaboration initiatives to build business, community and intergovernmental partnerships to serve the interests of MAAC’s constituencies.
- In conjunction with the Executive Leadership Team, directs and ensures sound financial systems and processes that ensure the fiscal and fiduciary integrity of agency operations, consistent with all applicable legal and funding agency requirements; directs development, monitors implementation and manages budgets for assigned divisions.
- Directs and participates in the improvement of management systems, processes and measurement techniques to enhance operations and effectiveness.
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in business or public administration, political science or a closely related field and seven (7) years of progressively responsible administrative or management experience in program planning, development and implementation in programs/services similar to the responsibilities outlined in this position description or in management of a moderate sized public or community organization or major functional/operational unit thereof, three (3) of which have been at a supervisory level; or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Union Membership ( if applicable):