Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Worker II-Multiple Locations
at MAAC Project
|Location:||Multiple Location - San Diego North County, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Worker II performs a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance, servicing, repair and alteration of residential/commercial property, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and minor repairs to electrical and mechanical systems; diagnoses equipment failures and repairs, maintains and replaces equipment and parts. The Maintenance Worker II also performs preventative maintenance and repairs.
Open positions in Carlsbad and San Diego locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Performs preventive maintenance on property.
- For all equipment, troubleshoots issues, maintains, services and makes repairs.
- Insures that property’s plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning units are in good repair and meet all governmental regulations and other guidelines as set forth by MAAC Project.
- Develops, plans, and determines priorities for the enhancement, repair and modification of building facilities and equipment. Prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions. Advises immediate supervisor regarding building conditions and utilization as affected by repair/maintenance/enhancement activities.
- Schedules work in an effective and timely manner to meet the maintenance and cleaning needs of the agency’s properties.
- Prepares and updates plans for response to and recovery from emergency and disaster conditions. Leads and participates in the implementation of emergency plans in appropriate situations.
- Keep fire and other emergency equipment in good working condition. Schedules inspection of all fire extinguishers annually. Responsible for the maintenance of and training in the operation of security alarm systems to designated persons.
- Maintains availability in order to address tenant concerns, facilitate repairs and address emergencies as they arise.
- Performs regular office tasks including responding to and forwarding mail, accounting for petty cash and addressing questions and concerns over the phone.
- Installs, maintains and repairs flooring, doors, cabinets, fixtures and windows.
- Repairs and installs locks; makes keys.
- Paints a variety of surfaces; performs cement, masonry, plaster or brick work; repairs drywall on property.
- Assists landscaping contractors in identifying landscaping issues and creating solutions.
- Purchases equipment and supplies (per department approval).
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic principles, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in rough and finish carpentry, cabinetry, wood finishing.
- Basic principles, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the building construction and/or mechanical and electrical trades; shop mathematics.
- Basic principles and techniques of water and waste water supply and drainage plumbing using galvanized, copper, and PVC pipe.
- Basic methods and materials used for concrete work, surface patching, and brick and masonry repair.
- Surface preparation and application of paints appropriate to different internal and external surfaces.
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand, power and shop tools and equipment common to the fields of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and related building trades.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to facility maintenance.
Skills and Ability to:
- Operate and maintain specialized tools used in electrical, carpentry, plumbing and related building trades.
- Measure and calculate angles, lengths and volumes.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative without close supervision.
- Prepare basic records and reports; read and interpret manuals, specifications, drawings and blueprints.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and Word software at an intermediate level.
- High school diploma or GED and technical training in a building trade (electrical, carpentry, plumbing, etc); AND two (2) years or more in skilled maintenance work.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.