Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recovery Home Resident Monitor-Part Time
at MAAC Project
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2019-CV-HM-RH-CM-007
|Department:||Health Services & Healthy Homes|
|Location:||Casa De Milagros - San Diego, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Part Time No Benefits|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors the activities of each client in compliance with program policies observed during tour of duty.
* Observes and records inappropriate behaviors of residents on a daily basis to Supervisor
* Implements all emergency and safety regulations as necessary; may facilitates appropriate emergency services as needed.
* Communicate with staff on client issues.
* Reads logs and integrates information about residents into interactions.
* Observes all clients' activity and records incidents that occurred during shift in logs and verbally advises staff of major concerns.
* Actively monitors telephone calls if required.
* Interacts with and be available to all participants in the program.
* Provides appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
* Enforces all house rules.
* Documents attendance at all job-related training and seminars by submitting certificate of completion for inclusion in employee file; attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
* Maintains relationships with organizations, groups, individuals, and other community sources and resources.
* Assures client accountability by utilizing proper sign in/out procedures.
* Completes daily, weekly, and monthly safety, security and sanitation inspections; documents and informs Supervisor of findings.
* Performs data entry and filing.
* May conduct on-site collection of urine samples, facility searches, and initiates monthly fire drills as assigned and reports violations to Supervisors.
* Assists in familiarizing clients with the emergency procedures established by the facility.
* Assists with the distribution of meals to all residents.
* Submits in a timely manner all reports time sheets, mileage sheets, vacation and sick leave requests to Supervisor for approval.
* Attends and actively participates in monthly staff meetings and other in-house trainings.
* Maintains an effective relationship with all staff.
* Upholds all policies and procedures set forth in operational manuals and any other related contract documents.
* Be receptive to all new policies received from MAAC and ensures enforcement of the policies as directed.
* Assists and performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Supervisor and/or Director.
* The dynamics and inter-dependency of addiction.
* Working with individuals in a group home environment and/or working with a criminal justice population
* Computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Database, Outlook)
* Communicate clearly and effectively with staff, clients and public.
* Self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision.
* Demonstrate computer skills, including Internet operations, Microsoft applications and experience with database programs.
* Provide prompt, efficient and responsive service in a demanding work environment
* Work collaboratively with management, staff and community partners as well as part of a collaborative team
* Communicate effectively both orally and written; demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
* Relate positively and effectively with individuals and families of diverse cultures, disabilities and social economic backgrounds
* Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
* Listens attentively to others. Asks clarifying questions to gain a better understanding of the other person’s views and underlying assumptions.
* Works effectively in a team environment and actively participates in joint problem solving; willingly cooperates with co-workers.
* Practices cultural humility and demonstrates the ability to work with diverse populations.
* Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for personal and professional development.
* Attends work consistently and punctually. Arrives to meetings prepared and on time; honors work commitments; follows through on what was agreed upon; meets deadlines.
* Honors the private and confidential matters of children, families, and co-workers. Protects the proprietary information of MAAC systems.
* Follows rules, regulations, and policies; positively contributes to implementing changes.
* Deals with issues directly, in a respectful and timely manner. Focuses on resolving the issue while not criticizing the person.
* High School Graduation or GED
* One (1) year of experience with a recovery program in a social service setting preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with computers and data entry.
* First Aid and CPR training and certification must be obtained within six (6) months of hire and maintained throughout employment.
* Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!