Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001FEB
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, 8757 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Driftwood Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property: cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with DHMss established guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotelss cash flow and operating forecast.
- Creates annual budgets and monthly variance analysis. Investigates and critiques variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure hotelscompliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotelsfinancial objectives.
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and internal controls for finance and accounting operations.
- Timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with DHM's standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with DMH's requirements, meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e:
- Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports, Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Monthly: Financial Statements, Forecasting, Cash Flow
- Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year Capital Plans
- Timely interacts with department heads to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times.
- Monitor hotelscompliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of Hospitality Finance/Accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supervising 2 or more employees.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
- Prior Controller or Director of Finance experience a plus, preferably at a premium-branded Hotel.
- Bachelorss degree a plus, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.