Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of ASIC Design Engineering
MaxLinear is seeking an experienced Director/Sr Director of ASIC Design to join our high-performing team in our Carlsbad, CA design center and corporate headquarters.
- Leads ASIC design team to develop and productize next generation mixed-signal communication SoC’s
- Work with cross-functional project teams to define product specifications, system architecture, HW/SW partitioning, and execution plan
- Implement best SoC development practices, improving design methodology to maximize efficiency and predictability
- Deliver chip architecture, design, integration, programming model, verification, and manages hand-off to backend
- Validate silicon, support system integration, and production testing
- Drive innovation, proving leadership to the organization to ensure world-class system solutions and flawless execution
- Manage team, hire and retain best talent
Proven track record of success in high-performance/high-volume semiconductor markets and desired experience in following areas:
- SoC, embedded CPU and bus architectures, networking and control interfaces
- Communications/DSP algorithms and power/area efficient implementations
- Digital IC design, design for low power and high speed, design for test (DFT)
- System modeling, RTL coding, Lint/CDC checking, simulation, synthesis, power analysis, timing analysis in Cadence/Synopsys design environments
- Directed and constrained random verification, UVM methodology
- Embedded systems FPGA emulation, lab debug and chip validation
- Project planning and execution, and performing design tradeoffs to achieve performance, power, die size, and schedule targets
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and ability to excel and to provide leadership in a fast paced environment
- MS + 15 years’ experience, or Ph.D. + 13 years' experience, including 5 years in a senior management role
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.