Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Systems Integration and Test
MaxLinear is seeking a Director of Systems Integration and Test to join our Platform Engineering team in our Carlsbad, CA design center and corporate headquarters. In this role, you will focus on the following areas:
- Lead the Global Platform System Integration and Test team to ensure quality delivery of Software and SoCs in multiple areas including 5G, High Speed Optical, Microwave Backhaul, G.hn, MoCA, Storage compression, etc.
- Manage the execution of Systems for each project including developing test plans from requirements, pre-silicon testing, bring-up testing and customer release software testing
- Lead and build the local platform test team in Carlsbad
- Drive common methodology and quality metrics for Systems Test across the company to cover test areas including functional, negative, fuzzying, short term and long term stability, customer use case testing, customer acceptance tests, standard and other compliance, interop, customer product testing
- Stay current with the state of art in test methodology and tools and bring in continuous improvement to our processes including test case and test report management, automation and continuous integration, requirements traceability, code coverage, etc.
- Manage the development of in-house test tools and deployment across all projects
- Partner with SoC test team to ensure full test coverage between the System Integration Test plan and DVT, PVT, FPGA testing
- Interface with customer test team to understand their requirements and ensure that the quality of our deliverables match the customer expectations
- Recruit new talent to the global team including creating pipeline to Universities for fresh grads
- Mentor SQA leads and key technical staff
- Extensive experience in leading a global System Integration and test team for SoC product in areas of wireless and wireline communications
- Strong understanding of current state-of-art in Test methodology and tools and demonstrated passion to bring in new ideas to the team
- Experience in testing RF products a big plus
- Experience building team from scratch and managing remote team is needed
- Strong communications, presentation and soft skills to effectively work with customers and team members
- Bachelors plus 15 years’ experience, Masters plus 13 years’ experience, or PHD plus 11 years’ experience in Electrical/Computer Engineering
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.