Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics/Shipping Clerk Temp
MaxLinear is seeking a an experienced shipping/receiving clerk for a temporary position based in Carlsbad, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for shipments of electronic equipment, semi-conductor parts, and supplies from US and International locations and ensuring all transactions are accurately documented and meet government agency requirements. This temp position would be approximately 3 months, but could potentially extend beyond that time frame.
- Properly package all equipment requiring shipment for transportation to customers / vendors to ensure it arrives on-time and undamaged.
- Prepare production sampling and the shipping of outgoing material.
- Maintain well-organized files and records of transfers, UPS, FedEx, and airway bills shipped daily.
- Print daily reports of outgoing shipments made on the FedEx, DHL and UPS systems.
- Receive in and record all materials documentation and enter (data entry) into the system.
- Update the database with freight and airway bill numbers for all shipments.
- Initiate documentation for domestic, international, and inter-company shipments.
- Process appropriate documentation to provide to the accounting, purchasing, production, and sales departments.
- Keep inventory for all production supplies and equipment, and re-order when needed.
- Maintain accurate inventory of stockroom parts.
- Maintain safety standards and regulations by keeping the work area clean.
- Knowledgeable of incoming and final inspection practices.
- Knowledgeable of standard material handling and packaging practices.
- Skilled in proper packaging of sensitive materials and equipment.
- Experience working in shipping and receiving department with ESD requirements.
- Knowledge of freight companies and logistic and the UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping equipment (internet based shipping systems).
- Familiar with FedEx, DHL, and UPS online tracking systems.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to relate information clearly and concisely in English both orally and in writing.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in international trade compliance, including experience with imports, exports, ITAR and other government agencies.
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.