Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Line Manager, Wireless Infrastructure
MaxLinear is seeking a Product Line Manager for Wireless Infrastructure to join our team in Carlsbad, CA or in Irvine, CA. In this role you will manage a segment of the wireless business.
- Write Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs) and work with engineering teams to define optimal set of features and performance targets
- Create and deliver customer presentations and business proposals
- Author datasheets and appropriate product documentation intended for customers
- Create in-depth competitive analysis, including comparison of performance specifications, features, pricing and roadmaps
- Train sales and support personnel to effectively sell product to their customers
- Track competitor announcements & partnerships
- Leverage primary and secondary research tools to build a market model for target markets
- Contribute to building the business case for new products
- Create collateral and perform global sales product trainings
- Draft outbound marketing communications and trade-show schedules
- Work with Sales and Engineering departments to create and manage customer design wins, customer deployment schedules, and all critical factors affecting a successful product introduction
- Work with applications engineering to manage engineering priorities relating to product
- In collaboration with Program Management, maintain all schedules communicated to customers including demonstrations, engineering samples, and production ramp commitments and manage tradeoffs of schedule and features
- Collaborate with relevant standards groups and develop advocacy strategy to support products
- Work with executive management to refine the product roadmap in response to customer product plans and competitive positioning and to periodically review and refresh business assumptions
- Work with Operations and Finance to manage the standard cost and yield model
- Ability to travel up to approximately 40% of the time internationally
- Strong understanding of wireless infrastructure semiconductor technologies and network trends
- Ability to understand customer needs and pain points and translate that into products with appropriate tradeoffs
- Skilled at matching products to company core competency to create differentiated products
- Excellent ability to listen and ‘sell’ product concepts and technologies internally and externally
- Fluent in Mandarin preferred
- Passion for technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to contribute meaningfully in role as team member and/or individual contributor
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 years of relevant work experience plus 3 years in product management required; MBA desired
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.