Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Systems Applications Engineer
MaxLinear is seeking driven, high-energy individuals with experience in systems applications engineering. The candidate will use their technical expertise, interpersonal and communication skills to
- Work with regional Sales and FAE teams to secure design wins and strengthen relationships with key customers and strategic partners:
- Communicate and clarify customer require system specifications and application requirements.
- Demonstrate MaxLinear product evaluations and present technical seminars at customer sites and trade show events.
- Support and track customer design, bring-up, validation, and debug activities.
- Provide product and technical trainings for regional Sales and FAE teams.
- Work with internal teams:
- Reproduce customer report issues and finish primary debug.
- Clarify customer report issues detail and provide correct information to internal team.
- Support regression and stress testing.
- Gather information from customers and the market to support marketing:
- Perform feasibility studies on new product features.
- Support marketing team to define new products and roadmap.
- Conduct competitive intelligence studies and analyses.
- Support MaxLinear product development:
- Build reference designs for system validation and customer evaluation.
- Develop product test plans and generate test reports.
- Generate product collateral and customer support documents including application notes, datasheets, and users’ guides.
- Conduct field test and analysis for new products.
- Work with the Engineering teams to improve product reliability, quality, and product experience.
- Support MaxLinear lab team :
- Manage and support PCB vendor and assembly vendor for purchase parts and building PCB and PCBA.
- Manage, Test and delivery EVKs to FAEs or customers.
Requirements and Skills
- This position requires a BS/MS in EE and a minimum of 8 years in RF/Microwave and/or high-speed digital hardware development experience.
- Over 8 years of circuit design and application support experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
- Strong knowledge of RF/Microwave Mixed-Signal and digital communications concepts (50MHz ~ 50 GHz).
- Experienced in Simulation tool (ADS, AWR,HFSS..) is better.
- Experienced in Telecom wireless backhaul or base station (4G LTE/ 5G) RF/System design and debug.
- Extensive hands-on lab experience in measurement, testing, and debugging RF/Microwave and digital communication systems and ICs.
- Experienced in team management is better.
- Experienced in high-speed digital and RF/Microwave PCB design.
- Experienced in wireless communication equipment design is desired.
- Familiarity with EMC/EMI testing is desired.
- Familiarity with RF and Ethernet equipment (SA,SG,NA,LA,IXIA,Smartbit….) is desired.
- Familiarity with driver integration and ATE development for platform characterization/debug is highly desired.
- Familiar with lab instruments including spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, traffic analyzer and BER tester, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well and learn quickly under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Self-motivated with great sense of responsibility.
- Aptitude for customer interaction and attention to detail.
- Assertive, customer focus, persistent, and ambitious to achieve targets.
- Ability to manage both technical and business related challenges.
- This requires up to 30% travel to partners and customers on site support.
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.