Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Systems Engineer
MaxLinear is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer to join our high-performing team in either of our Irvine, CA or Carlsbad, CA design centers (you only need to apply to one position to be considered for both locations). The ideal candidate will possess great understanding of Digital Systems, RF engineering, communications systems and circuit fundamentals. The job will include RF and Digital debugging of customer designs, design of evaluation platforms, generation of performance procedures, application notes and other product related documentation. Software programming skills including driver integration and writing ATEs for platform characterization/debug are highly desired. The ability to clearly communicate with partners, customers and internal departments is a must. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Definition of features and technical requirements
- RF systems architecture and analysis
- Digital systems design, debugging and verification
- Designing, implementing, and debugging complex verification & validation (V&V) FPGA platforms emulating all functions of a design
- Post-silicon verification & validation (V&V), troubleshooting, and debug
- Tight communication with marketing and customers on evolving product requirements
- Alpha-customer support, and the development of marketing and applications collateral
- RF and digital systems hardware/software experience and familiarity with high volume consumer SoC ICs
- Strong PCB knowledge including schematic design and layout with hands-on experience with PCB prototyping and optimization of board design
- Strong RF, digital, and FPGA debugging/troubleshooting capability
- Knowledge of RF and digital systems engineering
- Test equipment operation: Spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and have good interface skills.
- Ability to generate test plans/procedures, product documentation, and application notes.
- Simulation of RF circuits using ADS, HFSS or similar tools.
- MSEE with 4 years of semiconductor hardware development experience or Ph.D.
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.