Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Director, RF/MS IC Design Engineering
MaxLinear is looking for a senior mixed-signal circuit designer to join either our Irvine or Carlsbad chip design teams. You should have at least 15 years of experience designing high speed ADCs and DACs and taking these designs into volume production. The primary responsibility of this position is the technical leadership and mentorship of a team of highly capable and motivated mixed-signal designers with proven product experience. Your team will be responsible for ADCs and DACs on some of the fastest, highest performance communication systems ICs in the world in optical, wireless and home networks. These chips combine a wide range of engineering expertise in a single design and require close collaboration and creative problem-solving across traditional boundaries. In this position, you willl:
- Guide the team in developing the architecture, definition, and design of challenging mixed signal IPs requiring creativity and cross-functional innovation
- Work closely with Marketing, Communication Systems, Digital ASIC and RF Systems to take designs from product definition through tape-out, characterization, and release to high-volume production
- Assume technical leadership of a product design across multiple global design sites
- At least 15 years of mixed-signal expertise in high speed CMOS ADCs and DACs for optical, wireless or wireline communications
- Broad experience in taking IC products from architecture through design to volume production
- At least 5 years’ experience as a technical lead responsible for product success
- Ability to make complex decisions on design tradeoffs to achieve performance, power, die size, and schedule targets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel and provide technical leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of digital/mixed signal verification flows and SOC integration challenges
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.