Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Communications Systems Engineering
MaxLinear is seeking a Vice President of Communications Systems to lead a global team of world-class communications systems engineers designing advanced broadband communication SOCs. These chips comprise complete systems integrating broadband RF/analog circuits, digital ASIC, firmware and CPU subsystem on a single die and implementing PHY, MAC and network functions. Our products are designed in deep-submicron CMOS processes and establish the foundation for next-generation wireless, optical, and wireline systems. This position can be based in either our Carlsbad, CA corporate headquarters and design center or our Irvine, CA design center.
As VP of Communication Systems, you will be responsible for a range of activities including:
- Recruiting and team building including the mentorship of directors and managers
- Coordination, synchronization and resource allocation across four large sites
- Technical leadership in taking designs from concept to production
- Technical leadership in customer-facing activities
- Evolving our engineering methodologies
- Collaborating closely with other engineering teams to win in the marketplace
- Actively contributing to the company’s strategy
You will provide your teams with guidance in architecture, design, debug and production ramp of these products. Working within a small company environment will offer you participation in the company’s decision-making and overall operations, oversight of the entire product development cycle, as well as fully challenging your technical abilities as you guide your teams in the development of complex systems.
- Management experience at the senior director or director level both as a technical lead and as an engineering manager with proven team-building experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Deep expertise in the end-to-end design and development of communication systems semiconductor products, including architecture, algorithms, and implementation in ASIC and FW
- Highly familiarity with detailed PHY design covering functions such as AGC and multirate signal processing, impairment handling, and modem functions such as channel estimation and equalization, synchronization, modulation and demodulation and error correction
- Exposure to multiple access techniques, and experience implementing L2 products
- Strong technical background in most if not all of the following areas:
- Digital communications and digital signal processing
- Random processes, estimation and detection theory
- Wireless channels, channel equalization techniques
- Various physical layer technologies such as OFDM modems
- L2/MAC architecture and implementation
- Collaborating with ASIC and software teams to implement algorithms in RTL and FW
- Experience with hardware validation platforms
- Masters or PhD in EE or CS, and 15 years of industry experience or equivalent
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.