McG Health, Llc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McG Health, Llc.
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Lead Actuary; or Manager – Health Services Research
SUPERVISES: No One
Location: San Diego Office
The Database Specialist will be responsible for managing MCG’s health claims databases in direct support of the health research team. This position will work closely with the health research team to determine appropriate methodology and use for multiple large data sources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements, and maintains company databases. Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams, and documents the process. Writes code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- Builds and maintains master health claims code tables with up-to-date information on ICD (diagnosis and procedure), CPT, HCPCS, and DSM-5 codes.
- Serves as a resource for technical questions and provides mentoring and knowledge sharing to data analysts.
- Create and update technical documents.
- Delivers advanced ad-hoc datasets to health research team.
- Works to automate ad-hoc data requests and promote a self-service atmosphere.
- Related bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience designing data solutions.
- Experience with SAS software.
- Health care industry and health claims data experience.
- Excellent analytical and programming skills.
- Passion for automation.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, client-focused, changing environment.
- Solid understanding of data analysis and reporting techniques.
- Able to optimize SQL performance.
- Able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow appropriate communications channels.
- Professional telephone and in-person etiquette.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Team Building/Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrates competency by maintaining positive, collaborative, and constructive interpersonal relationships. Understands and practices the principles of effective teamwork.
- Work Prioritization/Flexibility/Adaptability
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work assignments and meet productivity and quality standards.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on diverse projects. Maintain high standards for accuracy, professionalism, productivity and confidentiality.